Image Map

Monday, August 4, 2014

Limeade & Coca-Cola




I had some Coca-Cola sitting around and limes were ten for one dollar at the grocery store so I decided to experiment and combine the two. I've seen people combine Coca-Cola with ice cream, orange juice and some teas so I thought that I might as well try it with limeade. And I'm happy I did.






Ingredients:
  •      One Coca-Cola (preferably bottle not can)
  •      Ice cube tray
  •      Half of a lime
  •      Approximately two spoonfuls of sugar (adjust according to your personal preference)
  •      3/4 of a cup of water
  •      A pinch of salt
* The ingredients above are for one glass of Coca-Cola with limeade ice cubes and one glass of limeade with Coca-Cola ice cubes.

NOTE: You can substitute lemons for limes to make lemonade with Coca-Cola instead.

Steps:
  1.      Obtain all ingredients.
  2.      Squeeze lime and collect juice.
  3.      Add sugar.
  4.      Add salt.
  5.      Mix.
  6.      Pour some limeade in the ice cube tray (about three to four ice cubes).
  7.      Pour some Coca-Cola in the ice cube tray (about three to four ice cubes).
TIP: If you prefer to keep the Coca-Cola ice cubes as carbonated as possible, cover the ice cube tray with aluminum foil.

TIP: While you're waiting for the ice cubes to freeze and want the Coca-Cola to be as carbonated as possible, it is best to get it from a plastic bottle.

 
     8.     OPTIONAL: Put the Coca-Cola bottle and glass of limeade in the fridge. This is if you want the drinks to be slightly cold.
     9.     Check ice cubes every two or so hours to see if they have frozen.
     10.    Pour drinks in desired glasses and place ice cubes in once the ice cubes are frozen.
     11.    Serve.

 
 
I am so happy that I made this. Surprisingly, limeade tastes a lot more like lemonade than I thought. I hope that you are able to make this too and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Great post!
    I have nominated you for a Liebster Award!
    http://erinrosexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments so feel comfortable with sharing your opinion!