Image Map

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Removing Lint From Sweaters

It has been fall for a little while now and it seems like everyone is breaking out their sweaters in preparation. I myself did the same only to see that tiny balls of lint have collected on the top.


Usually the little lint balls do not bother me much; in fact, I usually like having a few because it makes my sweaters look worn in and cute but sometimes they get annoying. And I usually find myself picking at them throughout the day in the middle of class, which is not only distracting but also not good for the sweater.

After looking up several ways to remove them online and asking around, I found two methods and even got to try them out. I tried both of these methods out one of my old ratty sweaters since one of these ways is a bit risky and I wouldn't trust any of my favorite sweaters with it.

Pumice:

Pumice is the gentler version of the two methods. Pumice is a rather cheap and porous rock that you can rub over your sweater to collect tough balls of lint. The pumice stones pores help to trap and rather gently pull of tough unwanted lint. This may need a bit more force to get your sweater looking new but still works.

Shaving Razor:

This is a bit more risking and I'm happy I didn't use any of my good and expensive sweaters because I "shaved" my sweater too roughly and tore a hole in it. But it is much much more effective compared to the pumice stone. My only piece of advice would be to get some practice before using it on good sweaters so you know how how hard to rub the razor against it.

I know lint rollers can help pick up a bit of lint but sometimes it can be tough to get them off so easily.


I hope this helps some of you enjoy sweater weather! Leave comments telling me if you knew any of these methods before, tried them or have anymore interesting sweater hacks you know of.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the tips! I always seem to be battling with this problem haha.

    Sarah x
    http://missarahlouise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, I've got a gorgeous deep green skater skirt by Topshop that I wore to death last winter and now find it in this same state.. time to look into getting some 'pumice'! :)

    http://aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so many linty sweaters! Thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also use a shaving razor that has a safety distance measure thingy on top that prevents you from making holes. Very useful!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments so feel comfortable with sharing your opinion!