Image Map

Monday, June 15, 2015

Jurassic World


I have been waiting for this movie for months and I just had the opportunity to watch it two days ago and it was worth the wait. I guess it goes without saying that all the other sequels to the iconic Jurassic Park (II and III) were more than a little disappointing, but Jurassic World was the perfect follow-up to one of the best movies ever. 

The special effects and animation were advanced and very well done. The dinosaurs were very authentic and somewhat true to what they would have actually looked like. The dinosaurs are by far the most incredible part of the entire movie. Ever since I watched Jurassic Park, I have loved dinosaurs and the ones in this movie did not disappoint. 

Aside from the main focus of the movie, the dinosaurs, the acting was spot on. For the most part, actors portrayed their roles well and I couldn't think of anyone better to have played their parts. 

And don't even worry about the movie having a disappointing climax, it was so nerve-racking and I was worried about how it would turn out. And it involved a VERY impressive run in high heels that deserved a lot of respect especially since no one rolled an ankle.


I guess my only problem with the movie was the shameful product placement. Starbucks and Mercedes-Benz were two of the most prominent. And the costumes were "eh" at best but other than that this movie is a must watch for anyone who has watched Jurassic Park and loved it. The movie included such tasteful and amazingly subtle Jurassic Park references that true Jurassic Park fans will love. And even if you haven't watched Jurassic Park, chances are that you'll love it too.

Tell me if you would like to watch this movie or if you have already seen it.

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't wait to watch the movie ever since I saw the trailer. I really liked the film too and wasn't disappointed at all. I loved the ending especially!

    -Kathie K
    A Sea Change

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to watch this movie, even though I've read some negative reviews. xx

    Sara Wallflower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really want to watch this, looks so good!

    http://kookifashionblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Jurassic World. I liked the film and I wasn't disappointed at all.

    theweirdwonders.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments so feel comfortable with sharing your opinion!