Image Map

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Headspace


Maybe you remember my post about my 2015 New Years Resolutions. One of my resolutions was to meditate every day. Unfortunately, I was not able to do this, however; I was more mindful but that doesn't really count. Anyway, while I was meditating for the first few weeks (six to be exact) I was using this app called: Headspace.

One day I just saw it in the App Store and decided to download it. It comes with a free 10-day mindfulness trial and the other features like the meditation packs: Sleep, Stress, and Focus come when you pay the subscription.


I did not pay for the subscription but I have done all the days for the 10-day trial and it was an incredible way to start practicing mindfulness. Everything kept building on the same thing but making it more and more independent.

It was really relaxing and I felt calmer on most days. I highly recommend that you do it in the morning but then again more than once is fine and relaxing at the end of the day is good for a good night's sleep.

After you finish the 10-day trial (which I highly recommend before buying the subscription), you kind of end up feeling a bit lost and wondering what to do next so I think I need to get the subscription.

Either way, the overall design of the app (which I usually use) and the website is ridiculously adorable. And the animations that they have are super informative and help relate meditation to my life. And Andy is very helpful during the 10-day trial. I have done guided meditation before where I was constantly told to clear my mind completely while Andy was far more patient about the entire process. He valued and emphasized acknowledging issues without trying to fix them instead of ignoring them.


The mobile app which you can download for free allows so you to get mobile notifications of mindful messages that remind you of keeping cool during the day.

If you haven't already, you should definitely check out their blog and website. And leave me a comment letting me know what you think of meditation in general and the app.





3 comments:

  1. This app looks really well designed and sounds good! I suffer with anxiety, so this may be useful to me. Thanks for writing about it.

    Holly Olivia x

    www.hollyoliviacreates.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This app is amazing at reducing stress! I really hope you find it useful and good luck with meditation.

      Delete
  2. i tried this a couple times but kind of forgot about it, might have to give it another go!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments so feel comfortable with sharing your opinion!