Image Map

Monday, May 4, 2015

Books that are Becoming Movies Soon

I hate watching movies to only realize that they were previously introduced as books. I prefer reading the novels THEN watching the movies. To give myself (and anyone else) a head start on some reading before the movies are released, I have compiled a list of some of the most anticipated movies of 2015-2016.

Paper Towns by John Green


I'm pretty sure most people are already anxiously waiting for this movie to come out but I still thought that it was worth mentioning. If you haven't yet read the book, you probably should. The previous John Green movie adaptation, The Fault in Our Stars, stayed pretty authentic to the original book but who knows what this film will be like? Although the casting is absolutely perfect, I'm nervous to see what scenes are cut out and how the characters work with each other. It comes out this summer in July 2015.


Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith


I have been eyeing this book for the past two or so years and I am disappointed in myself for not getting it sooner. In my experience, parodies of classic novels can either be terrible or wonderful. Since this is becoming a movie, hopefully this will be a good one. But I would still much rather read the book than possibly waste time and money at the movies. You still have time to read this book because the movie comes out in February 2016.


Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs



Yet another novel I hate to admit I have not yet read. This too was recommended to me a few years ago but I was unfortunately stupid enough to reject it. And now here it is with its own movie. I thought it looked creepy and thought that it "couldn't possibly stir the YA world." But it did and now I need to read it before the movie comes out to see all the hype. There's still a little bit of time left to read this book as the movie comes out in March 2016.


The Scorch Trials by James Dashner



I absolutely fell in love with the first movie and I kinda want to know what happens next. I am currently reading so many series at one time that I hate to say that this series has taken a step back in urgency to read. Since I do NOT want anything to be spoiled for me, this book will have to be read. It comes out in September 2015.

I hope some of you now want to check out these books before they release to the theaters. Let me know which of this I should read or should not so I can clean out my "Must Read" list. Tell me what movies you're looking forward to!

3 comments:

  1. I also prefer to read the original books first, thank you for telling ahead! I have never read the Scorch Trail, nor have I seen the movie. Is it really good?

    ★ meilijourney.blogspot.com ★

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I've heard it's good. I love the Maze Runner trilogy! :D I've reread all the books in preparation of the movies! So pumped!

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so many great things about the Miss Peregrine series, and I'm ashamed I haven't read it. I guess I'll have to get it before this movie!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments so feel comfortable with sharing your opinion!