Image Map

Monday, March 16, 2015

Red Band Society Ending


Saying goodbye to TV shows is so much harder than movies or book series. At least with books and movies, you know when a series ends but with TV series, there's a lot of anxiety about when it will end.

When I heard rumors that Red Band Society was ending, I was shocked. When you get Oprah and Spielberg to collaborate with an amazing cast and generally solid plot, the possibility of it ending is unlikely. But it still ended.

At least the ending was appropriate and well-fitting. So in case you wanted to start the series after reading this post, you shouldn't be worried about an abrupt ending.

Overall, the show failed to make a lasting impression as it ended so soon but it was a good watch nonetheless.

There aren't many great things that you can say about a series that ended as soon as it did but that doesn't mean it didn't have them.

The characters were lovable and relatable and the acting was top-notch.

But the setting was unrealistic and staying full-time in a hospital cannot be cheap yet money is hardly an issue for anyone. It was remarkably cheesy to have Charlie, the boy in a coma, visit the other residents when they are unconscious. The overall plot had many dead ends and loose ties but the general message was sweet. But it still ended way before its time.


As much as I did like the show, it is over. Tell me what you think of the show and whether you would still watch it.

2 comments:

  1. great post!!!
    // http://xokxt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this show! It's amazing. I love the characters and their plot lines. I'm really sad to see this show go. But I really enjoyed it while it lasted

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments so feel comfortable with sharing your opinion!