Image Map

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sleepaway Girls by Jen Calonita

 
I personally am a big fan of Jen Calonita so I had to read this book. Sam escapes from her best friend and her best friend's boyfriend during the summer to become a counselor-in-training. She soon becomes quick friends with a group of girls after she arrives. After meeting a few of the guys Sam has to choose between Hunter, who is beyond hot, or Cole, who is beyond sweet. But her camp isn't so easy as the "queen" of the camp is trying to ruin her life here at Whispering Pines.
A fun book to read. The climax wasn't as interesting as I would have liked but overall the story was entertaining. The tone of the book was fairly lighthearted and not so hard to follow which makes easy to get lost in it. Sam's experiences can relate to quite a lot of people. Whispering Pines seems like an amazing place that I would like to visit. Sleepaway Girls is calming and helps to deduce stress whenever you're reading it.
The characters were like people you could in your everyday life. The girls that Sam meet can easily be the same ones that you know. Guys like Cole, sensitive and sweet, maybe a little harder but they are there. I didn't however like the way that Hunter seemed kind of evil. I don't know if that is what was meant to be implied but Sam made it seem that way. Hunter was not evil, he just wasn't the guy for Sam. Other than that, I loved it and would recommend it to people who want a sweet book to read.
 
Click here to see a review of another one of Jen Calonita's book, Belles.
Click here from a review of Jen Calonita's Secrets of My Hollywood Life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments so feel comfortable with sharing your opinion!