Image Map

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Evermore by Alyson Noel

Ever Bloom used to be pretty and popular but one day Ever's parents, little sister Riley, and pet dog died in a car accident. She is soon blessed or cursed with physic abilities. One day at school she meets Damen, a guy who grabs her attention. She wonders why she can't read his thoughts and why can't she see his aura. Ever has to deal with her dead sister who refuses to move on, a boy with far too many secrets and his jealous wife who is always trying to kill her.
I loved reading this book. Ever, Drina and Damen's story was fascinating. This book easily hooks readers' attention making it hard to put down. The climax was exciting and full of suspense. It combines romance and action very well and makes you want to believe that people like Damen and places like Summerland exist.
The characters for the most part were lovable such as Miles, Damen, Riley and most of the time Ever. Ever is pretty nice and can be relatable at times. But I'm saying she's likeable only most of the time since I didn't any real growth in her but there are more books in the series so I'm not judging her. Some characters that I could not stand were Drina and Haven. Haven is supposed to be a "good" character but I didn't find her to be easy to connect with. In general, it was pretty nice and made me want to keep reading the series.


Click here to see a review for another one of Alyson Noel's books, Kiss & Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments so feel comfortable with sharing your opinion!