Image Map

Sunday, June 1, 2014

My Own "Traveling Pants"

I'm sure many of you already know how much I love The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. But I never understood what the big deal about those pants were. Yes, I do understand that the pants symbolize everlasting friendship and support but I didn't quite comprehend what was so important about those pants. At first I didn't know why they couldn't just remember the good times they had or write them down in a journal. It wasn't until much later in the series that I could grasp the idea that the jeans were tangible. Words on paper wouldn't have been the same as actually being able to "wear" your memories. I wished I could have something like that. Something I could wear often and fill with memories, take a billion pictures in and be grateful for going with all of my clothing.
I guess it's true that you never know what you have until you lose it. I had and still have this having grey cardigan. I love this cardigan so much because it was such a classic piece. It went with everything in my closet so everyday I was ever busy and didn't have time to get a great outfit together, I would wear that cardigan. Eventually, like most sweaters do, the sweater would start to fade with use. I didn't mind much since I thought it made it look even cozier and cute. I even got more compliments at this point. But great things can't last forever and my cardigan was no exception. Naturally, those annoying little balls of lint started to collect and I was not willing to individually remove each one so I used a lint roller and other things to get them off. Carelessly, I tore a hole in my favorite article of clothing. I was devastated. I realized once I tore the hole, how much I would miss that sweater. I remember every joke I was told and everything that I could pair it with to save any outfit. I still wear that cardigan at home by strategically covering the hole. Some clothes just have too much sentimental value to give up. Eventually I will have to throw it away especially since I already bought another one to help save my outfits.
But just like the others girls in Ann Brashares The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants I don't need clothing to remember good times. I have my friends to remind me and that makes getting rid of it much easier.

Here is a link to my review of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: http://thecollectionofknowledge.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-sisterhood-of-traveling-pants-by.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments so feel comfortable with sharing your opinion!