Image Map

Thursday, December 31, 2015

2016 New Year's Resolutions


Last year, I failed pretty miserably in my New Year's Resolutions but hopefully this year it'll be a little better. I came up with some simpler resolutions so hopefully it would be easier to accomplish. Some of these are repeats from last year but fingers crossed it works out better this year.

1) Meditate every morning: I tried this last year too but it didn't last very long. But in preparation for next year, I have downloaded some apps onto my phone like Headspace again and I'm looking for a few more just in case. I feel like five minutes of meditation everyday will be really helpful for me and I'm really excited to get to do it. This year has been so full of anxiety that I am looking forward to a little relaxation.

2) Read everyday: I typically do this regardless but this year I have had so many reading slumps, I would go for days without reading and that just added to my stress. I'm not going to be super strict about how many pages I should read everyday as long as I read enough to relax.

3) Quit binge-watching: I have binge-watched so much this year and as fun as that might have been for me, it probably was not a good idea. I realized that binge-watching is fun but doesn't allow me to enjoy myself completely with the show and makes me avoid all my other responsibilities. So next year, I resolve to only watch 2 hours max of television each day.

4) Learn new recipes: It has also come to my attention how grossly unprepared if I have to cook. I literally have no idea how to cook several of the basics. Cooking is a life skill so I should probably get started on learning some of the easier food. If you have any recipes to share, please do.

I hope we can keep each other motivated this year to keep our resolutions. Please share yours too and give me tips on how to keep mine.

3 comments:

  1. These are probably the best resolutions I've seen someone make so far! Wishing you all the best with them :)

    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I almost didn't make it to Day 2 until you reminded me.

      Delete
  2. These are some great goals! I loooooooove to cook! What are some foods you like and I can recommend some recipes? ^ ^ Some of my goals are working on four books, journaling and being more active. :)

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments so feel comfortable with sharing your opinion!