Image Map

Monday, October 12, 2015

The Skinned Trilogy by Robin Wasserman


If you want the most boring, drawn-out trilogy ever, this is your series. Don't get me wrong, I love the general theme of the series: questioning what the ultimate deciding factor of humanity is. But that's also were the interest stops.

The general plot of the story is that a girl by the name of Lia Kahn who went from having it all to experiencing a life threatening accident. Instead of dying, Lia's family download her brain and memories into the the body of a new body. Through this she fights different groups of people against her and makes friends while discovering more about her family.

The trilogy fits the category of science fiction well but it lacks the exciting fast pace of the others in its genre. The character development had so much potential but fell flat of ultimately leading up to anything.

The setting was very interesting and I enjoyed the environment that the author created.

The first two novels offered promise of a sweet romance but in the third book, it became harsh, cold and mediocre and was ultimately a waste of time.

I decided to finish the trilogy even though my gut told me to give it up from the second novel because I thought that the series had promise and that it would come to a nice end. But I was wrong, the ending was anti-climatic and super confusing.

Please tell me what you think about this trilogy. Maybe I missed something important that someone else might have caught to make the story more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments so feel comfortable with sharing your opinion!