Image Map

Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen

Ella has never been noticed by many people except for her friends so it is definitely shocking when Alex, one of the most popular guy in the school, starts to talk and possibly flirt with her. Will her new boyfriend cause problems with the people she can one hundred percent trust such as her only two friends? Can she even trust Alex? He refuses to tell anyone about them. Ella must find out his reason, is it just to protect her or himself?
This book's plot started much more quickly than I expected. One second Ella was single and the next she had a boyfriend. There was a touch of humor in this which was completely unexpected because I thought that it was going to be a cheesy teen love story. The background of the story is very sweet, like Ella's restaurant, her failing French, and Alex's parents. The one thing that I didn't like was that the whole "invisible girl ends up with the popular boy". It has been used so many times that I'm sick of it. I also thought that there would more emphasis on the concept of Truth or Dare. Overall, it was okay and fun to read if you are looking for a relaxing read.
The characters were kind of hard to keep track of but they were original. The most interesting character has to be Edward. Even though he is a dead artist also known as Edward Willing, Ella still has conversations with him. I would have liked to see and learn more about Frankie and his twin Daniel. I always thought that Ella should have ended up with Daniel rather than Alex but that's just my opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments so feel comfortable with sharing your opinion!