Image Map

Monday, February 4, 2013

Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood

Cate as a lot to deal with especially since her sisters, mother and her are witches. Before her mother died, Cate promised that she would do anything to keep her sisters safe. No one can know or else it could be disastrous. Then Cate comes across an even bigger secret that makes being witches even harder. Finn Belastra, the extremely good-looking and highly forbidden gardener, isn't making Cate's decision to protect her sisters any easier. Will joining the Sisterhood to keep her family safe be worth giving up true love?
I love the plot of the story. The pacing of the story was perfect as it built suspense but didn't drag on forever. The decisions that Cate had to make were very believable. The use of foreshadowing made perfect sense and helped enhance the story. The setting and time period were the best possible ones for this story. The only thing that I really hated was that I have to wait one and a half years for the next book. Overall, an amazing and well thought out novel.
The Cahill have such an interesting story that I can't help but be excited to see how they deal with it. Finn was a classic character that you just can't help but fall in love with. I found out that as the book continued I wanted to know more about the Brotherhood and Sisterhood. I guess I have to wait I little while longer to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments so feel comfortable with sharing your opinion!