Image Map

Monday, December 10, 2012

Secrets of My Hollywood Life by Jen Calontia


Kaitlin Burke has always been known as the famous celebrity from Family Affair. But Kaitlin's had enough of it. She just wants to go to high school without people recognizing who she really. So she comes up with the ultimate plan to disguise herself and go there against the beliefs of her parents and publicist. How long can she keep this up? How will Austin react when he learns the truth about Kaitlin?
At first I loved this book but then the plot started to get cheesy. But I kept reading anyway. This book is probably the worst in the entire series. The writing style was cute and easy to relate to. I also liked how it was pretty easy to follow even though the overall plot was complicated. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a light-hearted book and can wait to read the second book which is much better.
The characters were believable. But Kaitlin didn't seem like the heroine that she was supposed to. Some of the characters were classic. Austin was a great but came off as annoying at times. The Burke family was pretty funny and interesting to read about.

I've reviewed two others of Jen Calonita's novels. Here is a link to her Sleepaway Girls and here is a link to her Belles.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments so feel comfortable with sharing your opinion!